The Drogue IoT project aims to bring together data and users in an Internet of Things world.
Drogue IoT consists of components that may be used standalone or together:
- Drogue Cloud is an efficient and scalable connectivity layer for forwarding telemetry data safely from devices to business applications, and commands back to devices.
- Drogue Device is a framework for writing safe and efficient applications on microcontroller type of systems.
Drogue Cloud supports multiple open standard protocols for devices:
Through a multi-tenant model of applications and devices, Drogue Cloud lets you securely manage devices and their credentials.
Drogue Cloud can run wherever you want to run it, and you can own the data yourself. However, you can also choose to selectively use managed services for parts you don't want to manage yourself.
Don't take our word for it, got to https://sandbox.drogue.cloud and see for yourself!
Drogue Device is a distribution of libraries and drivers for building embedded applications in Rust.
- Robust: Device is built using Rust, an efficient, memory safe and thread safe programming language.
- Efficient: Drogue Device is built on embassy, the embedded async project, to deliver a fast and small runtime.
- IoT Ready: Drogue Device provides out of the box drivers and examples for WiFi, LoRaWAN and BLE.
- Composable: Drogue Device provides both an Async task-based and an Actor-based programming model for writing efficient and composable applications.
We try to make is as easy as possible to get you started:
- Public sandbox – A public sandbox to let you try out the cloud side services without the need to install them manually. Just sign up with your GitHub account, and try it out.
- Buy a device – The micro:bit v2 is easy to get, and easy to use. It offers a few sensors and is supported by Rust and Drogue IoT out of the box. Just be sure to get a v2!
- Workshops – A set of workshops, that walk you through more complex scenarios step-by-step. Different workshops focus on different aspects and technologies.
- Meet the code – Check out the code on our GitHub organization.
- Meet the people – Get in contact with us in our Matrix channel.
Drogue IoT is open source, and all components are licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. Development is done on GitHub.
This means, that you can participate in the development process. Everyone is welcome! Contributions come in various ways, not only code.